GSM Seminars In The Gascoyne

June 15, 2012 · Posted in Australia & Pacific · Comment 

Department of Immigration and Citizenship officers will visit Carnarvon and Exmouth in WA’s Gascoyne region on June 6 to 8 to discuss significant changes in Australia’s general skilled migration program.

The changes being introduced on 1 July 2012 include a new online service connecting Australian employers with potential skilled migrants and streamlining of the pathway to permanent residence for people already working in Australia on temporary 457 visas.

The employer nomination scheme (ENS) and the regional sponsored migration scheme (RSMS) will be integrated with the new skilled migrant selection register, SkillSelect.

The online SkillSelect system is a new expression of interest (EOI) approach to skilled migration, allowing skilled workers interested in migrating to Australia to record their details to be considered for a skilled visa through an EOI.

“These new arrangements are designed to better respond to labour market demands and form part of ongoing reform of the skilled migration program,” a Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) spokesman said.

“Intending migrants will be found and nominated for skilled visas by Australian employers or state and territory governments, or they could be invited by the Australian Government to lodge a visa application.

“This will give the government greater control and flexibility to adjust to changes in the economy.

Sponsors must also demonstrate they have a genuine need for the workers and that the skills required cannot be found in their region.”

If you are looking for an immigration lawyer in Australia, click here. If you are looking for an ENS visa expert, click here.

From July 1, there will also be a fast-tracked pathway from the 457 visa to permanent residence under the employer-sponsored visa program, enabling skilled migrants to settle and work in regional and metropolitan Australia.

The departmental officers visiting the Gascoyne will conduct seminars in each location and also be available for brief individual appointments with employers to answer their questions about skilled migration.

“Our officers will be available to provide a range of information on temporary or permanent employer-sponsored visa options and the concessions available for regional applicants,” the spokesman added.

The department will run seminars on skilled migration visa options in Carnarvon on Wednesday, June 6 at 6pm at the Gascoyne Development Commission boardroom (15 Stuart Street Carnarvon) and in Exmouth on Thursday, June 7 at 6pm in the Novotel Ningaloo Resort function room (Madaffari Drive, Exmouth).

Want to find out more about immigration lawyer in Sydney, then visit Immigration and Citizenship’s site. Learn more about ENS visa in Australia.

Getting the right australian visa for your move

March 15, 2012 · Posted in Travel · Comment 

When it comes to moving overseas, one of the first things that you will need to take into consideration is what type of visa you need to apply for.

Australia is one country which can be notoriously difficult to enter, unless you have a skill which is currently in demand, and as a result you may need to take into consideration a wide range of visa options which could be made available to you. If you do struggle to find the right visa, then you may still decide to visit Australia, but as a tourist and as a result there are a number of tourist visas available to you.

If you are looking to travel within Australia for up to 12 months then one of the popular options that you might look into is the eVisitor visa and this is available to anyone who holds a European passport. The visa allows a person to visit Australia for a period up to 12 months, but they must not be there for more than 3 months at any one time. It can be perfect for people who are looking to holiday in Australia or are wanting to travel to various different areas of Australia, but might be looking to explore the neighbouring region in between.

Longer stay visas are available for people who may be going to Australia for a specific purpose and therefore might require a longer stay. In general these visas are for people who may be considering visiting relatives or for a special occasions and therefore they might want to have a stay of longer than 12 months at any one time.

There is a Working Holiday Visa option if you are looking to work while on holiday and this allows you to travel and work at the same time. You can spend up to a year within Australia either working or travelling and if you complete at least three months in a regional area or workplace then you could be eligible for an addition 12 month stay, but during this time you are not able to work in more than one job role for over six months.

To find the best deal on australian visa, visit and get the best advice on visas.